What (if anything) is your organization doing with Web Site Accessibility? What is driving the need for web accessibility at your organization? What specific topics are of interest to you?
- Working on ADA compliance (vague but required)
Clients are calling and requesting accessibility be added to the site
Having difficulty with policy interpretation – it seems that the exact definition of and guidelines for an accessible web site changes frequently
I think our site is accessible – but am I missing anything? I wish there was a checklist available for guidance/compliance
Interested in a CSS/markup class to learn how to code CSS-driven web sites (many people currently using Dreamweaver or a CMS)
- A B&B member mentioned that she has several databases that she needs to combine (2-3 in SQL and 1 in FoxPro). Wanted to know if APIs were the best way to connect them.
- Group agrees that APIs are a possibility, but could also combine into one database if choose to do so.
- If combine, pay attention to unique IDs, know your data intimately so you can match fields.
- Duplicate records are always an issue when combining data.
- Spend time with users on the front end before designing the database.
- Getting users to actually buy into and use a consolidated database is one of the trickiest tasks in this type of project.
Other Resources Mentioned During Meeting
- Sage MIP (has asset management and other add-ons available): http://www.sagenonprofit.com/
- Schneider Downs (local Sage provider): http://www.schneiderdowns.com/
SAVE THE DATE – TechNow 2008 Conference – Thursday, October 30, 2008
- Look for updates on speakers and breakout session for our upcoming TechNow conference: http://technow2008.wordpress.com. Online registration for the conference should be available by Monday, September 8, 2008. Look for a registration link on the TechNow site or go to http://www.rmu.edu/bcnm. (P.S. The Early Bird deadline is Thursday, October 9!!)
- Our next meeting is November 5 at Achieva on the South Side. If anyone has any topic suggestions or any issues you’d like to discuss at the meeting, please email them to me at email@example.com. The meeting is, as usual, from 8 am – 9:30 am.