We had some small (but good) groups this month! Everyone must be in recovery from doing their taxes. 🙂
The Downtown group viewed a demo of OpenOffice software. A big thanks to Joe Allen from PULSE for guiding us through this with ease! Learn more and download this free productivity software package at http://www.openoffice.org.
The Allegheny group discussed Keeping Up with Trends. Here are a bunch of ideas and resources:
- The Accidental Techie, by Sue Bennett
- Wired for Good, by Joni Podolsky (I can probably get this for you for $10 per copy – let me know if interested.)
- Managing Technology to Meet Your Mission, edited by Holly Ross, multiple authors
- NPT Technobuzz
- NTEN Connect
- TechNotes (Bayer Center)
- Various vendors (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.)
- Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN.org) ($85 for individual, $60-300 for entire org based on budget)
- NTEN blog
- Beth’s Blog: How NPs can use Social Media
- Facebook – NTEN group and “All the NP Techies” group
- John Kenyon’s blog
- BCNM blog (My articles are normally about tech stuff.)
- We Are Media
- Twitter – network with other np techies and follow NPtech group
- Frogloop Blog
- Idealware Blog
Next Meeting: Bagels & Bytes on a BOAT!
Our next meeting is on Riverquest’s boat “Explorer” on the second Wednesday of June (6/10/09). The meeting is the usual time – from 8 am – 9:30 am. Riverquest’s dock is just a little west of the Carnegie Science Center, in fact, you will park in the CSC lot ($3).
Both the Allegheny and Downtown groups’ meetings will be held in this location so we can share our annual summer outing together! (I will also invite the Westmoreland and West groups.)