Ahoy! We had a great time this month at Bagels & Bytes on a Boat! RiverQuest’s new boat Explorer is everything we hoped it would be.
A big “thank you” to the RiverQuest staff and crew who were so helpful and gracious before and during our meeting.
We held a drawing for two tech-related books at our meeting. Rose McKee from the Benedum Foundation won “Momentum” by Allison Fine and Mike Papas from Three Rivers Youth won “Wired for Good” by Joni Podolsky.
Speaking of the book “Wired for Good” – I can get this for $10 per copy, but have to order at least five at a time. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being added to a list.
Regardless of the setting, you can’t stop NP techies from talking about tech! Here are some of the resources discussed during our meeting:
- Giveawayoftheday.com (http://www.giveawayoftheday.com) – a new, free software package each day for download
- Grants Management Software – A free comparison report from Solpath.com is available here – http://www.solpath.org/results.html
- Harmony Information Services (http://www.harmonyis.com/) – human services database software
- Stimulus funding information – http://www.recovery.gov/
One last tidbit from the meeting…Sandy S. brought her little tech guy-to-be along for us to meet. This little dude attended Bagels & Bytes in utero all last year and we finally got to meet him!
Next Bagels & Bytes Meetings
Note: There are no B&B meetings in July.
- Allegheny group – Wednesday, August 5 at Easter Seals in the Strip District, 8 am – 9:30 am.
- Downtown group – Thursday, August 6 at the Bayer Center office in the Regional Enterprise Tower, 8 am – 9:30 am.
I know we discussed changing the meeting start times to 8:30 am. Since the Bayer Center calendar and course catalog have been published and widely distributed through August, let’s keep the original start time through that month. I’ll change it in our fall course catalog and we’ll give an 8:30 am start time a try for a few months.