This month we met at ACHIEVA on the South Side. Thank you to Steve, Dave, and their staff for hosting us!
Here are the resources and links from the meeting:
- Dameware – remote desktop management software
- Emco – remote desktop management software
- What are “essential” computer skills for workers?
- Debatable – possibly not a “general” list that could be compiled, changes per agency and per position.
- Users must be molded and taught to use self-help first, check built-in software help or online.
- To address training needs and gaps, could use wikis, training (which we all agreed is an H.R. issue), and professional development (also an H.R. issue).
- A comment was made that the evolution of the technology function at nonprofit organizations seems to be following a similar path as that of the human resources function. It took years, but for H.R. has finally been prioritized and recognized as a critical piece. Tech is getting there, but still has a long way to go.
- We techies must be advocates and educators about the importance of technology within our organizations.
Next month we will be meeting once again at ACHIEVA, from 8:30 – 10 a.m. on Wednesday, November 3. Please join us!!