This month we met for the second and final time for this year at the Frick Art & Historical Center‘s Haller House.
Here are notes and resources from the meeting:
CRM / Databases
- Raiser’s Edge (noted as expensive, complex, and training intensive)
- DonorPro (noted as integrates w/Constant Contact, has lots of modules including silent auction and event management, and good support and training is provided)
- Aplicor CRM software (based in Florida)
- Sage ACT! CRM software
Social Media Policy
- We had a discussion on what is needed. I located a good article post-meeting: http://www.nten.org/blog/2010/02/17/tips-writing-your-first-social-media-policy.
- There was an article in March 2011 TechNotes that touched on this topic, but primarily covered the insurance risk surrounding social media use and how to deal with that.
- In our discussion, we noted that social media use within a given organization depends on the culture from management down. Management can often set an “unofficial” policy through example.
After the meeting, Johna Lingelbach from Allegheny Conference shared a resource for free videoconferencing/social networking called Concert-oh!. I’ll try to get a demo of this for a near-future meeting if I can.
We will meet next month at UCP/CLASS, 4638 Centre Ave., Pittsburgh, on Wednesday, April 6, 2011. Please join us!