In Febuary, we were graciously hosted again by the Frick Art & Historical Center in Point Breeze. Thank you to Linda, Chris and the Frick staff for hosting us! Our next meeting will take place on Wednesday, March 7 at the same location from 8:30-10 a.m. Visit the 2011 Bagels & Bytes Meeting Calendar for more information.
Topics and resources from the meeting include:
- Spiceworks: helpdesk/ticketing software
- Google Apps
- Online payroll solutions – ADP, Paychex
- Digital vs. IP phone system
- IP phones allow you to move phones around more easily – just grab your phone and plug it in anywhere on the network
- With a digital phone system, you are likely to hit a point where you can’t scale the system to fit the increasing size of the organization. The system becomes cumbersome to manage.
- Advanced Communications Solutions – IP phone vendor used by one of our group members
- Veeam backup software
- CDP appliances (“Continuous Data Protection”) – Sonicwall CDP, for example