This month was our last time for this year at the Frick Art & Historical Center in Point Breeze. We are most grateful to Linda, Chris and the Frick staff for hosting us!
Our next meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 4 at UCP/CLASS’s new building in Regent Square just off the Parkway East (1400 S. Braddock) from 8:30-10 a.m. Visit the 2011 Bagels & Bytes Meeting Calendar for more information.
Information & Resources from this month’s meeting:
- Hosted email
- Email account size
- Typical and generally recommended is 2 GB limit
- Teach staff to delete “Sent” mail and empty “Trash” folder regularly
- Teach staff to save file attachments and PDF the email (if important) and delete the email. File attachments are a huge source of email account bloat.
- Teach staff to delete voicemail-via-email, which also tend to be large in size.
- A formal document retention policy (which should include electronic files of all kinds) should guide this.
- Be sure to work with your organization’s solicitor in creating a document retention policy.
- Download a sample document retention policy.
- Technology interns?
- Database software
In addition, Johna sent the link for the article she mentioned during our meeting: 10 Signs that You Aren’t Cut Out for IT.