We met this month at Jewish Residential Services lovely, sunlit meeting room in their office suite at the Rodef Shalom Congregation. A big thank you to Paula and the JRS crew for hosting us!
Reminder: next month we will have an Office 365 demo, presented by local vendor Lantek. Mark your calendars for Sept. 3, from 8:30 – 10 a.m., once again at JRS @ Rodef Shalom!
Reminder: TechNow 2014 Conference registration is open! Early bird rate is $110 through Sept. 30.
Here are the meeting notes and resources:
- NAEIR – discount shopping online that has a lot of technology-related items available
Cloud file storage
- Office 365 / OneDrive
- Google Drive (the latest release addressed some file conversion issues)
- Google Gooru website and newsletter gives daily updates with Google Drive/Docs enhancements and tips
- Discussed the news story on the Russian gang 1.2 billion password hacking incident
- Privacy feel largely non-existent these days, but nonprofits still need to worry about HIPAA and other compliances
Tech impact on society
- Discussed the news of companies fining people for giving negative online reviews, which we agreed is poor customer service and not a smart long-term business view
- The sharing economy is changing society – sites like Uber, Lyft and Craigslist
- Tech Impact – based in Philly, used to be NPOWER PA
- Windows 8 – Norm found an add-on that lets you get some of the Windows 7 features back, like a start menu