Our meetup is back from its July break! We met on August 5 at Jewish Residential Services in the Rodef Shalom Congregation building in Shadyside. Thank you so much to Paula and the JRS staff for hosting us!
We will be back at JRS for our September 2 meeting. Remember to join our new Meetup.com group to get meeting reminders and easily RSVP each month!
Laptop Borrowing Policy
- Who should be responsible for damages if incurred?
- Is there a difference between using the org-owned equipment for work or personal, at home vs. office, when damage incurred?
- Generally agreed that insurance should cover equipment
- Some orgs require staff to pay for damaged equipment. We discussed the legality of this and there are many aspects of labor law to consider before implementing such a policy (read this article)
- Always have your organization’s solicitor review policies before implementing
- A Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy is also a good idea these days and every organization should have a general Acceptable Use of Technology policy
- Rather than issuing laptops, might a tablet computer work for staff working in the field?
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) software can provide protection against data loss or violation, frequently giving encryption capabilities, keeping data from being stored directly on the device and/or ability to reset or “wipe” a device if lost or stolen
- Managing through designer or in-house?
- What to do when designer not very responsive to needs or requests?
- Sometimes it’s a control issue, developer won’t let organization do updates, even if a possibility
- A content management system (CMS) helps, like WordPress or Drupal – something with permissions/roles
- If want to bring duties in-house, WordPress is widely used and easily learned
- Good tutorials at www.wpbeginner.com
Making case for getting reimbursed for cellphones from organization
- How to convince management to reimburse for personal cell phone usage when used for work (how to make case)?
- Track usage
- Document what other organizations doing
- Rally co-workers to cause before approaching management
- Could do virtual PBX or Google Voice to provide Single number instead of giving out cell
How to provide wi-fi to staff working in the field or travelling
- Tether phone as hotspot
- Get a personal hotspot (mi-fi)
- If at a regular location in the field, see if can get a cable modem or DSL account from a local provider and run it to a nearby building (may have to find and negotiate with a local building owner)
- Probably need to make case to management for data usage requirements vs. cost
New meetup group: Google Apps for Nonprofits
- Spearheaded by several local people, including Ben Weaver, Kevin Driscoll
- Email Kevin Driscoll for details