We had great weather for our annual Bagels & Bytes on a Boat meeting! Our group is grateful to RiverQuest’s staff and crew for permitting us to hold our meeting on their lovely boat again!
Here are the notes from the meeting:
- Acrobat Pro training XI – New Horizons has some classes on this
- Pushing updates to computers on a network
- PDQ Deploy software
- Java issues as of late
- Group policy
- Part of the reason the move to the cloud is a good thing
- Sprint air cards
- Support for personal devices / limited staff
- Address with policy
- BYOD rolling out more and more
- How much support to provide?
- Enkompas – Sharepoint implementers
- BoardBookIt – beta coming soon
- PerfectForms – cloud based workflow software
- Change management
- Clear communications
- Buy-in from upper management
- Slow rollout
- Password Keeper tool
- Snipping Tool in Windows for sending error messages to IT department (tutorial here)
Just a reminder – we have no July meeting and will reconvene on Wednesday, August 7, at Rodef Shalom in Shadyside. Have a great summer and see you in August!