We held our third annual Bagels & Bytes on a Boat on Wednesday, June 8, 2011. RiverQuest graciously permitted us to use their beautiful boat Explorer for our meeting. We had a great turnout and a great time!
Here are resources from the meeting (photos will be uploaded in a separate post on this blog shortly):
- Places to buy equipment
- E-cycling resources
- Other random topics of discussion:
- Wifi implementation
- Cisco switches tend to be more expensive, HP switches less so
- Sometimes worth it to pay more up front and have less issues later (less expensive doesn’t mean better deal necessarily)
- With Cisco, you have to install their wifi/switches if you ever plan to use a Cisco IP phone system
- Board meeting packets – electronic vs. paper
- Might use board portal software to pull this off
- Perhaps issue Nooks, Kindles or iPads?
- Discuss with board to discern culture and willingness to go digital
- Listen and deal with security concerns
- Be sure to provide clear access instructions for board members
We have no B&B meeting in July, but will be back on Wednesday, August 3, at Rodef Shalom in Shadyside. Have a great summer!