This month we met at UCP/CLASS on Centre Avenue in Oakland. Thank you to Michelle Hines and her crew for having us!
Here are notes and resources from the meeting:
Software for human resources-related tasks
- Sage: http://www.sagenorthamerica.com/
- Epicor: http://www.epicor.com/
- SAP: http://www.sap.com/
- Kronos: http://www.kronos.com/
- Optimum Solutions: http://www.optimum-solutions.com/
- Ultimate Software: http://www.ultimatesoftware.com/
- PerfectSoftware: http://www.perfectsoftware.com/
- MS Dynamics (used to be Great Plains): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/default.aspx
- Millenium: http://www.hrtechpartners.com/millennium.html
We noted that there are many commercial packages out there, but many are not suitable for nonprofits. Johna Lingelbach from the Allegheny Conference shared a report that she obtained from http://www.business-software.com/HRM.
Other Discussion Items & Resources
- Application Xtender (for archiving): http://www.emc.com/products/detail/software2/applicationxtender.htm
- Cloud Computing:
- Capital vs. operational budgeting/funding?
- Cost factors – # of servers, bandwidth, space needed
- End of life cycle for Access (has anyone heard?)
- What would replace it?
- SQL Management Studio Express (comes in SQL Server 2008)
- Can take a class on SQL at CCAC for $100, in their Ed-to-go courses
- SQL reporting
- Use the built-in Microsoft report writer
- Use Crystal Reports
We will meet next month at UCP/CLASS, 4638 Centre Ave., Pittsburgh,
on Wednesday, May 4, 2011. Please join us!