This month we met for the last time this year at UCP/CLASS on Centre Avenue in Oakland. Thank you once again to Michelle Hines and her crew for having us!
Here are notes and resources from the meeting:
- Consistent Computer Bargains
- Miller Info Systems (local Shoretel/wiring vendor)
- Tempest laptops
- In addition, we discussed how equipment assignments are made. Many orgs seem to have a procedure in place that is backed by policy. Some orgs have staff sign for equipment and tech-related items, some don’t but think their org should be doing so.
- Aircards vs. Tethering your cellphone
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- “The Switch” by Dan Heath
- Segmenting wi-fi
- Integrating phones and network
- Using Cisco certified vendors
- Having vendors demonstrate return on investment (ROI) in proposal process
- Strategic technology planning
On Wednesday, June 8 (8:30-10 am), we’ll have our annual “Bagels & Bytes on a Boat” meeting on RiverQuest’s docked boat Explorer! Keep an eye on your email in the next few weeks for more information.