Once again, we enjoyed the spring scenary at Frick Art & Historical Center! Next month is our annual summer outing, Bagels & Bytes on a Boat.
Here are the notes from this month’s meeting:
Nonprofit vs. for-profit mindsets towards technology
- For-profits tend to implement more quickly, things don’t have to be perfect
Website getting hacked
- WordPress – have to apply the updates, can get hacked pretty easily
- Also shouldn’t keep admin username
- Use anti-virus software of some kind
- Use Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
- Use free program BotHunter
- Do we hand our data over too easily?
- What is done with this data? What about in the future?
- Article (NY Times): Big Data is Opening Doors, but Maybe Too Many