This month we met at ACHIEVA on the South Side. A big thank-you to Steve McDonell and the folks at ACHIEVA for hosting! We will return to that location for the month of November (Wed., 11/7).
Meeting Notes and Resources
- We had a general rant regarding budget cuts by the state gov’t and the effects on organization tech budgeting and spending.
- Mergers and technology (how to do successfully):
- Communicate well.
- Educate staff.
- Change management is the biggest challenge.
- Security camera installation/implementation.
- Is it a tech function or facilities function?
- Analog vs digital?
- Mobile device use and issues
- Personal vs org owned
- Human Resources vs IT department generated and issued
- IT generally doesn’t provide support with BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) environment. Staff should take personal devices to phone vendor. Tech dept may provide basic tutorials and acceptable use policies.
- Google chat has option to send SMS via chat.
- What affects decision to go to cloud?
- Org makes choice.
- Culture is conducive.
- Perception of institutional control.